Wednesday 11 July 2012

The ball is rolling

After offering to donate a kidney to Pieter on Sunday, we decided to meet the following weekend to discuss the massive undertaking. However that whole day Natasja and I felt waiting an entire week is a waste of time, when we could get the ball rolling by arranging for the test to begin.

Surely enough early Monday morning Pieter sent me a text message saying he spoke to the hospital and discussed the matter with them and asked that I get in contact with them to arrange for a date for the testing, as if he read my mind. We knew as soon as the shock settled Pieter would want to start the process as soon as possible.

I rang Sister Lilly at the Renal Clinic of the Royal Free Hospital, who took some of my details, including the name of my GP to request my medical records. She phoned me back today and told me that the tests have been scheduled for Monday 30 July.

The journey has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment